PowerShell Tutorial for beginners. Windows PowerShell instruction thought-out for those new to PowerShell. In the next few weeks I will be posting a series of PowerShell basics that will provide a good start for a solid foundation.
Here is what I have slated:
- The Windows PowerShell Console – Configuration and Customization.
- PowerShell Basics - Cmdlets, Parameters, Command Types, Command Information, etc…
- Output using the PowerShell Format command.
- Engaging the Windows File System.
- WMI and .NET primer (real basic)
- Variables in PowerShell
- Taking what you have learned and applying it.
The initial lessons are concentrated around PowerShell as a Command Shell. The commands and syntaxes you learn will be utilized in script writing. An enormous feature of PowerShell is the ability to build and test code at the command prompt. If you have experience in VBScript you understand. VBScript doesn’t have a command line, you write the script, test it, and make adjustments. With PowerShell you can test functionality within the command line before writing it to your script, very powerful!
Enjoy the Tutorials!Email This Page To A Friend